This morning my cleaning lady was at my house. She helps me clean since I can’t always see everything well enough to do so perfectly. It’s a great help and she’s very friendly, too.
While she was here, the delivery service from the supermarket arrived. They carried two crates and two plastic bags through the door, up the stairs and into the kitchen. I paid with my bank card and he departed again.
“That’s handy.” the cleaning lady said. I agreed.
1. I can’t carry a lot of groceries when I do them myself. I have only one free hand since I use my cane with the other. So I can only select a handful of things to bring with me since I have such limits.
2. It saves me the effort of having to carry heavy and big things. Bottles and packs containing fluids can get really heavy. Packs of toiletpaper are massive as well. Again, there would be a restriction here.
3. Now that I order my groceries online, I can also see all the ingredients in the food. I am a devoted vegetarian and I like to know in general what my food contains. By ordering online, I can check the list of ingredients easily before deciding if I want to buy something. In the store, these lists are in tiny fonts and thus I can’t read them as easily. This also counts for the contents of a product. The website will tell me immediately if something contains 200g of vegetables or 500g. This makes meal planning a lot easier.
4. I never mistake something for something else. Online I can perfectly define what it is I am looking at. In the store, I can mistake something for another thing if it looks familiar. This of course, can be bothersome.
5. I am better able to keep track of costs online. There is a clear indication of this in the top right corner. In the store, I can’t read the price labels very well. It takes me additional effort to read those and I don’t feel that it is worth the strain anymore.
6. The online store has practically every product a person needs in daily life. The supermarket down the street does not. I was often looking for things there that they simply did not have. Online however, they have every food product I want, as well as personal hygiene products, cleaning products, small home interior products and much more. Buying these products in bulk is also an advantage.
7. Whether it’s raining, snowing, hailing or freezing, I can still obtain food and such. My hermit lifestyle continues.
May destiny be kind to you.